heading for the oak now should be a good evning bite and give the derby one last shot tomorrow .going alone so if your in the derby and want to jump on call607-769-7947 if your not in the derby and no one calls bring a ultralight (and your own lures) and we can play with some big boys on light tackle Ray K.

got out of the oak early and started at 85 ft where i left em sun nite,2fr 6 ,set up and headed east all alone,1st at daylight with wh/on wht,sppin and fly,small salmon.14lb.next on glow purple under the boat 55 down.2 more landed on same setup and 2more lost 4 for 6 by 9:30 with a few more short runs that never hooked up good biggest 24 lbs due to so wind changing to west i decided to run out in the swells as with a wind change in this area it sometimes gets flat out there and as i reached the 26.5 line north it flattened out to 1 ftrs and was dead at 27on north ,good for buffy weather as i had the lake to myself,got to play with the ultra light after 3 lost spoons the 6lb went back in the cabin and i broke out the 10lb line reels landed lots of steelies for 4 hrs straight and a couple small kings too,12lbish was the biggest steely with good jumps for a 10 min fight,all but 2 were sent back for the next trip.i was surprised to find it still a little bumpy inside after almost 5hrs on near flat water out deep,great day to fall asleep and get woke by the sound of a screaming clicker,if i wasnt running a solo 2rod spread i think i could of spanked em inside and out