Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

Has anybody fished for browns out of L. Stony Pt. launch? Should be fish in shallow water after turning left heading towards Southwick, but would like any info from others who may have been out this April; thanks!

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I fished out of the Stoney point launch on Sat 4/14. We went there to try to avoid the heavy waves from a northerly wind. Waves were about 2-3 ft. We turned south out of the bay, the water was crystal clear, you could see the bottom at 25 ft even with the waves. Nedless to say after about 3hrs without a bite and not seeing anyone else take anything , we left.

Len

been up there twice this yeardid fish both times all around drowned island...i'm running a full spoon program this year so not sure on the stick baits....80 to 100 back on the boards.....6 to 11 down on the riggers....my new yeck spoons have been flawless so far this year....all typical brown trout colors have produced

good luck

Drowned island is about 2000 feet off the beach just South of Black Pond. Coming out of the Stony Creek launch, turn South after you pass the rocks and you'll run into it. That area can either be great, or if there's no warm water it seems to shut right off. We fished that two weeks ago and ran off the beach in 5-6 fow. We did pretty well considering there was nothing happening deeper. Seems like they hang in the cobble rock and not so much over the sand.

Stick baits in Silver and Black, Purple, or Gold and Orange are the usual killers for me. Turn South towards southwick and move in close to the beach over sand or turn North (towards stony point light house) and hit the ends of the points of the two bays to the north. Drowned island always gets a couple of passes (There is a green can marking the high spot as you turn south, but you have to look right to see it. It is out farther (Deeper) than most people think. Back in the day my grandfather used to tell me that people could picnic on that island before it "drowned".

I plan on being there at first light this weekend!