Leader Question

When I am running a leader for browns off the in line boards, how long do I want it to be??? I have 12 lb line and a small spro swivel to 35 feet of 10 lb seaguar floro. Is that to much or to little or just right? I wanna run boards and obviously the 2 downriggers off the stern. Also, is it the wind that makes the bait fish and browns and kings come up shallow? A west wind will push them into shore??? This is all new to me and I love learning about it.

The wind will affect the inshore water temp, raising it's temp when blowing warmer surface water towards the shore and lowering it when reversed. The warmer water brings the baitfish and they bring the gamefish...

For spring browns I tie on a 20 foot piece of moss green 10lb P-line to the mainline. I tie on a small snap for stick baits, or a small snap swivel for spoons.

The above program changes slightly once we start fishing offshore for Kings, and then changes slightly again once the fleas show up.

I run my leaders the length of the rod.

:yes:

What Gambler said, I actually go 2' shorter so my baits hook on the keeper or reel without the swivel in the eyes but u need to remember that I run 10' board rods for brown trout so an 8' leader, 2lb's lighter than the main line, ball bearing swivel between the main and lead and just a cross lock snap at the bait is my setup.

Temps will change every time you go out. The discharge from creeks, the warming of certian shorline types and the wind pushing everything around will make even the best laid plans mid week change by saturday morning.

If you get all serious and start tracking the weather all week thinking you can perdict where the warm water will be by weekend you will be close some times and totally wrong others.

As odd as it sounds I use the "opposites attract" method to start my day, if every one went one direction out of port, I am attracted to the opposite direction! Right wrong or indifferent we are out there to have a good time and usually do.

j