Heading out next week what should I be bringing?

Last year we went out a week later and fished with sticks off planer boards mostly. Looking at reports fish seem to be moving deeper or at least over deeper water. So my question is what gear should I be bringing? I have wire rods and full core set ups along with the planer/downrigger rods. I was only planning to take the planer/downrigger rods but after seeing some reports I wonder if I should be bringing some lead core or wire rods??? Also Should I bring my flasher/fly's that I use in August if the fish are deeper?

Or is it just the fish are over deeper water hitting the same baits used inside (targeting top of the water column)?? I have plenty of spoons and will be bringing them but wondered if the F/F should make the trip as well???

Too much to think about....I don't want to get out there and find out I left something at home. Yet I also have limited space and only want to bring what I need.....

Thanks,

Spike

1 and 2 color core has been good all year so far

mini discs are good also

i've only been running yeck spoons so cant tell ya how sticks are doing

have been catching fish from 8 to 40 fow surface to 30 ft down

guess what i'm saying is bring it all and let the fish tell ya what they want that day

Fishing for Salmon and trout, mostly. I was afraid you guys would say bring it all......... I have my riggers that will get a couple rods deeper. Not sure I want to fight a brown on a dipsy rod so I think I'll leave them at home. I do have some 2 color core set ups and a couple full core (10 colors) which will also get me down deeper if needed. The of coarse the flat line set ups.......

If the fish are deeper will I be OK with just spoons or do I really need to bring flasher/flys combos? I usually do better in Aug. with the flasher/flys, so much that I don't bother fishing spoons then (usually just targeting kings at that time). I think I may leave them home and wash my spoons. As I said I am limited on space for what I bring and it looks like I'm bringing more rods than I had planned on......

Spike

Pick your poison good man. The sure thing is trolling the shoreline for browns, cohos, with a dabbling of Lakers, Kings or Atlantics as incidental catches. If you see boats deeper......they are probably on Kings/Lakers, in which case you will want your dipsys. You could get away with just spoons this time of year but you might as well bring some Flasher/fly combos. Your biggest challenge this time of year is not IF you will catch fish but CAN you fish due to the weather.

We have a back up plan if it's rough (finger lakes or bass fishing in the bay).

Long term forecasts never got much of my attention. Heck they can't even get it right day to day, lol. Bad part is they are usually wrong in the better direction and the actual weather is worse. We'll take what were given and roll with the changes. I think I'm bringing everything, lol. Hopefully not too many rods get broken in transport........

Spike

I'd be bringing a wet suit and a barf bag the way the weather,s looking for next week. LOL

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... &map.y=106

You aren't kidding. Wish it would lay down for a while when I'm out there, doesn't look like it will.......

Will this rain bring any fish into Oswego harbor? Might be able to eek out a morning troll if nothing else. What about Fair Haven harbor, and browns still cruising in there?

Thanks,

Spike