Cayuga 4-28

Kade & I launched at T-Falls @ 2:30 and decided to head north. We ran up past Sheldrake and set up on west side. We decided to fish deeper water so we could play with the new X-4. Fished from 3:00 - 5:30 and put 3 lakers in the boat all @ 7lbs. Had 3 or 4 short strikers as well. All hits were on F/F on mag dipseys out 280 and 300. Worked sticks and spoons on riggers from 30 to 70 and leadline 1 core to 6 cores out and couldn't find any takers. Saw a ton of bait from 250 to 280 over 300 fow. The X-4 worked flawlessly and it was interesting to see the difference in speed between that and GPS at times. Beautiful afternoon to boot! Only saw 1 other boat while we were out.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,............I fished a little farther north of you on the east side. Like you, the lakers were cooperating but couldn't get anything going in the upper water table :wondering: . Nothing on plugs and one spoon fish off the rigger @ 50', ...everything else was dogger/fly, 240' on the dipsey and a couple @ 80' on the rigger. Surface temps were 43 deg.

Bobber,

What was the speed difference at the ball compared to the GPS and how close was the wheel speed at the transducer compared to the ball? I got a X4 last year and I'm still in the learning mode. Just try to figure out which is more accurate.

Ken

Frisco-wheel and gps stay pretty close unless in rough water. We did see some pretty significant variances between gps and speed at ball at times. Biggest variance was .7 mph difference. I have noticed speed at ball stays pretty constant and gps speed will jump around a bit.

Kyle

Frisco you are hard pressed to have all speeds read the same. The probe just gets you an idea of what the speed is. It's like a car there not perfect you will have to play a bit.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I personally don't care if it's accurate or not...as long as it's consistant. Play with your speed at the ball until rods start poppin'...whatever the number is for speed at the ball...keep it there.

Kyle

Our gps is .2 mph faster than speed at ball. Believe in your instrument. These lakes have huge currents at times. We had one day near T-falls that we had 3mph current. We saw whirlpools just out from the point. That water moves much more than you think.Thats why we need speed at ball. That day we had a heck of a time getting dipsys tangled. Wes