Down Speed: 2.1 - 2.4

Boat Depth: 80 - 175

Lure Depth: 50 - 120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

===================

Craziness...

Madness...

Never went more than 20 minutes without a shot...

Saturday am: Ran to Wilson and brought her back with the waves towards the river...doubles, triples, and a quad...Strong Spinny / Fly bite...lots of bites, lots of shorts, lots of teenagers - boated a 13 lb laker in 160 fow, 65 down...

Sat pm: Got lucky, the lake layed down nicely and we got out at a little after 7 and ended up 10/14 on all teenagers in an hour and a half

Sunday am, ran to Wilson, started in tight...Just got all the rods in the water and the port side wire fires...24 lb 5oz King by the digital scale...weighed it in at Petroy at 11:30 and it read 23 lb 13oz...took 27 shots from dawn to 11. Slowed up a bit on most of the program around 9 - 9:30ish...then Frampton came out and it did its thing...7 shots in an hour. UV Blue Dolphin Silver Streak also hot on the basement rigger...took two more fish over 20...

What a year this may become...about 50 / 50 stockies to wild fish...unbelievable...where did they all come from all of the sudden? Got a few of the wild 2 yr olds last year, but they are in ABUNDANCE this year...FYI...the 24lber was wild too...

Be back at Olcott in a couple weeks...

NICE....you finally made it up to the mayhem. These reports must have been killing you :lol: . I am scratching my head how you went the whole weekend with only a few Lake Trout......what is you secret to keeping them off the line?

Outstanding..:yes:...speed, was what targeted kings better for me with spoons ..mostly slims doing close to 3 mph gps cross current...until the kings moved off the Oak. Then slow low for mud chicken.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Reports have been killing me...the opportunity presented itself and we booked it up there as fast as we could...the new rig is proving to be a fish coffin...doesn't hurt that the bite has been hot as well! LOL

I have no idea how we kept the greasers off so well Chad...

Guess we were fishing in water that was a bit too deep for them? Maybe because the majority of our lines were pulling spinnies and flies was spooking them out of the spread?

I was waiting for the basement rigger to pick up a few, but go figure, both of the mud hens we picked up were on the highest line in the spread...

Wrecked a LOT of tackle this weekend...some spoons lost paint and got bent, lost a rear treble on a J plug from a CRUSHING hit, mangled quite a few flies and hooks...both Action Flies and ATOMMIKS...

Have to make a trip to Great Lakes Tackle in Erie here before we venture north again...

Sure hope the bloodbath continues through the end of the month...