Conesus Bucketmouths 9/9

Formally ended my bass fishing season today with a spectacular day on Conesus Lake with my friend Dan. We second guessed making the trip down from Rochester at 4:30am in the morning to fish an open memorial tourney through the York Bass Club, but in the end sucked it up and went. Glad we did! Despite on and off rain all morning, we managed one of our best days fishing this lake.

We made a run to an area we hadn't fished all season but have had good success in the past when conditons were similar to what they were that morning. Our instincts were good. The topwater bite at first light was phenomonal! The bass were lighting up the surface with our offerings of buzzbaits and chugging style baits well into the morning. These fish were all chunks! the kind you want for a tourney bag. Mix in a small tiger musky and some big northerns on topwater and we had a blast! after about an hour or two the dust finally settled a bit and the topwater bite slowed. By that time we had already culled several fish from our bag and were looking at about 15 lbs. for 5 fish. Knowing there were good sized fish in our areas, we didn't venture any further and proceeded to slowly pick away at the fish the rest of the morning on a mix of soft plastics and jigs, gradually increasing our final weight. At the weigh in we officially had 18.48 lbs. for 5 fish. Our smallest being 3.4 lbs. and biggest fish was 4 lbs. This was our best bag ever in a tourney, and big enough to take first place. Runner up team had a little over 16 lbs. It put a little cash back in our pocket and made the morning in the rain all worth it !!!!

Would like to thank Yankee Troller for helping to contrbute the winning pot!! :lol:

Bass gear is officially packed up for the season and now it is time to move onto some salmon, chrome, and deer !!! :lol:

conesus.jpg

Yeah, nice one smart ass! Too bad I didnt contribute to your pot.. :lol: ..LOL! I had to cancel my trip in Rochester from gail force wind, and couldnt make the tourney blast off. Your lucky for that! I figured if you brought in 18lbs I could have at least pulled a 20lb sack. On the other hand it proly would have been nice if my money was in there to offset all the money I have taken from you in the past. :lol:

I had to cancel my trip in Rochester from gail force wind, and couldnt make the tourney blast off.

Too bad. I just figured when i saw you leave the launch before the weigh in you didn't have much to show for the day. You know like you normally do in most tournaments :lol: LOL

Did you fish last night?

Well, if u had any brains you would have remembered back to the blast off and tried to remember seeing me. Its not hard to remember me with such a sexy bass boat.

All joking aside, yeah i fished with Scott last night and we took 3rd. Just above ten pounds. Winner had 4 fish and lunker which was a touch over 5lbs.

Well, if u had any brains you would have remembered back to the blast off and tried to remember seeing me. Its not hard to remember me with such a sexy bass boat.

Dude it was still dark and i hadn't had any coffee at that point :lol:

Marcus said his boat is sexier!

Nice job last night. Any big smallies showing up yet?