Older Mag 10A's came with boat

The older ones do not have short stop. That is were it stops at the surface on its own. This is not a big issue if you set the tension correctly and or pay attention when retrieving. My father still has mine. They are working machines.

The older ones do not have short stop. That is were it stops at the surface on its own. This is not a big issue if you set the tension correctly and or pay attention when retrieving. My father still has mine. They are working machines.

Yes older units and don't have short stop. You mentioned setting the tension correctly. Sooooo do you mean if set correctly and you let them travel to the top the breaker would stop them?

Dennis

No the clutch setting. Its the knob on the side looks like a star. Should be set so it just holds the ball. That way if the ball gets hung up on bottom or goes all the way to boom you won't loose it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yes older units and don't have short stop. You mentioned setting the tension correctly. Sooooo do you mean if set correctly and you let them travel to the top the breaker would stop them?

Dennis

......for about $85.00 in parts you could change the wiring so they work as short stops......I did two over the winter....but you still will want you cluch setup as stated above...... :yes: