Size of tank and time on the water?

rustyrat

I would think you would burn 10 to 15 gal more or less depending on how far you run. But in that light I never go out without a full tank (36 gal). You never know what might happen on the big pond. Its a safety issue for me. Just fill it and then put gas stabilizer in the tank when you put it up. Thats what I do and never have any problems in the spring.

RR

Another thing to remember is that it is better to have a full tank of gas with stabilizer added to it when going into storage.

This is to avoid a bulk of air in the tank that would welcome and produce moisture from temp changes, and the inherent problems of water in gas.

GB..Fill your tank before you go out, fish till you've had enought or till your down to half a tank and head back to port. Fill the tank and see how much gas you used for the time you were out. Keep the tank full when you store the boat. Good luck with the fishing.

• 4 months later...

I was scrolling through the older posts this morning and thought I'd chime in on this one. My Starcraft 221 Islander has the 4.3L Mercruiser and a 52 gallon tank. I can be on the water for 7-8 hours and only use about 10-12 gallons. This includes the running on plane time out and back in. The 4.3L is very fuel efficient, in my opinion. Especially helpful with the price of fuel these days.