Questions about this Saturdays Musky Tournament @ Chautauqua

I have a couple of questions about the tournament:

1. The Tournamant Rules refers to a "release form". I am assuming that is the form that says "Fishing contest Entry Blank" Is that correct?

2. For a tie in the "most muskies caught" entry it says to use the point system. 3 points for for 40" and 1 point for each additional inch, then add up all the points.

Doesnt that come to the same number? Example below. Two guys catch two fish that equal 90". Using the point system they still are tied.

41" = 3 + 1 = 4

49" = 3 + 9 = 12

Total 16

45" = 3 + 5 = 8

45" = 3 + 5 = 8

Total = 16

PS. I know my chances are slim but I just want to understand the scoring system.

I am not sure if Larry will be able to answer these via the forum since he is already at the lake (and I am thinking has limited Internet access).

1. Yes, the release form is the fishing contest entry blank.

2. I am not sure if my explanation will have a final answer, but let me explain how I read it...

...The most muskies caught will be based on how many muskies (over 40") were caught by 1 person. If someone has 3 and another has 2, then the person with 3 automatically wins. If there is a tie (your example: 2 people have 2 fish), then it will go to the point system. To be honest, scrap the points system and go with the total length of the fish (the math will always work out that the person with the most length of combined fish will be the winner since we are only going to this factor for a tie in amount of fish caught). So if someone catches a 41" and 40" and another catches a 41" and a 45", the person with the 41 and 45 will be the winner...but what happens if your example actually happens..and the total length is the same at 90"? Then would it just be a tie and the money is split -- or would there be another tiebreaker (like largest fish)?

Great questions! If I see Larry before the tourney, I will be sure to ask him and will then post his reply here.

--Joe

Hey everyone,

I have not seen Larry yet to ask those questions. If I see him at a launch, I will ask him about the tiebreaker for the most fish award along with how we should report multiple fish...but time is running out and I am not sure if I will see him before the tourney.

Joe

i didn't catch anything so it doesn't matter,thanks anyway. my son and i fished from 4am til noon. i was tormented by five follows without a hit. my son,who doesn't fish much and has never muskie fished got bit twice. the first one broke his line or bit it off. the second time was funny. a mid 30's fish hit him from under the boat at the end of a cast. he was yellin',the fish was on top shakin her head,i was yellin at him to take it easy while i went for the net. he decided he could swing it in...i was sure his wal- mart spin cast rod was gonna snap as he bashed the muskie on the side of the boat and she got off. it was the worst played fish since the first one i ever hooked. he's ready to go again,though. he may be one of us now.