Are 30+ salmon all out deep?

trying to learn where all the big fish are....get things more interesting but we really only fish in about 100-150 fow....in order to get the big ones how deep should i go and at what depth should my lines be at? Right now I'm using lures with spin doctors but havent been catching much lately.....gps troll speed 2.2-2.5.

any tips would be greatly appreciated

get your lure to go 2.5 mph at what ever the depth is where the water temp is around 54 degrees using a sub troller will take the guess work out of what dept they will be in the big one could be any where. where there is bait fish there will be a 30 lb plus now the hard part would be to get it to bite the hook. it is all in being at the right spot at the right time. 28 lbs is the biggest thats been in my boat so for. still hunting got him in 100 feet of water. 55 feet down. good luck

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Put a 30 & change in the boat tonight at he 180 ft mark out Port Credit way! Make sure to cover a variety of bait from flies and flashers like your spin doctor to spoons and divers. Focus on your spread - that way you'll have a better chance to cover more water, bait, depth and distance in one go. Also try fishing in and out from the shore until you mark fish then travel along the shore at that desired depth. It's all about locating them! Once you find them 9 times out of 10 they bite. Big boys tend to show themselves more often as we get later into the summer - keep at it you'll get into them yet.

Tightlines.

The big boys are normally in 45F water, not 54F - that's too hot for them.

Like I said "normally" - I have hooked fish out of temperature, but as a rule

of thumb you want to be in the 45F.

Fewer fish down there, so you probably won't get numbers. If you want numbers

then yes go for the 55F and you will get a lot of bows and shakers - which is also

fun.

these guys are talking about having a depth probe, and ill tell you that after getting mine this year i have almost put twice as meny fish in my boat. it is true when my team is together fishing the bigger ones are in colder water and yes probley fewer bites. but who can gripe about about 20# +. befor my depth probe i would set the fish finder a little more sensitive setting and would look for the break in the water and fish that wile wathching my rigger cable angles. to be honnest it realy worked for us poor cheap farmers looking for a good time. as far as where the 30#s are, i just saw a 33# come out of 150 ft if water. the same day our boat put probley 10 fish 22# to 26# . not big enough for the board a great day. dipsy where around 310 with mag dipsy and the riggers where no closer than 114'. if you look at the record books almost all the huge fish come off dipsy with flashers and flies. they get deep and out away form the boat with great action. but thats just my thought for the day. great luck and tight lines to you