Hot Lure: Mag Bloodynose

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.8 SOG

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 80-220

Lure Depth: 30-100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We took out my friends co-worker and his 12yo son and hit the water first thing and started to setup in 85'. I put meat off the balls on both riggers and sent them 70' and 50' to start. I ran free sliders off of both with a Mag 42nd and a small glo frog. Before I could get the first wire out we had both riggers fire with skipper kings on the meat rigs. Almost had a double and missed a 3rd hit in the same time frame. Started our troll North and got the wires out 125 and 160 to start. I then wanted to run a 10 color off the planer board and asked the kid to pick a spoon to put on it. He chose a mag bloodynose and I threw it on. I don't think I've ever put that spoon in the water before so I was excited to try something new. While we were passing over the 135-140 area the port rigger fired with a screamer. The kid then sat down and fought his biggest fish ever a nice 14-16lb king. Next up was the leadcore screaming line over 180'...the dad got his biggest fish ever too...a 22-24# fish. The leadcore would fire many more times with kings ranging from 8-15lbs. We had a period of time around mid day where we missed 6 hits on the rigger in a row. Around 1:30 after swinging out to 220 we headed back in shallower and when we hit 180 area the deep rigger down 100' fired with a screamer. Unfortunately it got in the wire and broke off it felt like it was gonna be the big fish of the day (doesn't it always when you don't get em?). We decided after that to point it towards the bay and work in as shallow as possible. We picked up a few small steelies througout the day on meat rigs and one on a white green dot spinny with a white fly. Only two hits all day on the wires and I was trying all different depths with them. When we hit the 90' area the screen lit up with bait and marks. We saw a lot of marks on the bottom and the kid wanted to catch a laker so I dropped one of the riggers and pulled the throttle back a bit. I had a free slider on with a lemon ice NK28 on that rigger. As soon as we saw our next mark the wire takes off and we drop it. Oh well, it was about time to start pulling them anyway! As soon as that wire was in the boat the deep rigger fires...but it's taking drag! The dad ended up landing a 12-14lb king on the free slider.

The dad and son were super appreciative and they left with tired arms. One of the best moments was when the leadcore released, the kid grabbed it and the fish ran some line and popped up on the surface way back there. He just said, "this isn't fair" with a big smile on his face!

Couldn't have asked for a better day! Here's a few pics.

IMG_20120714_064607.jpg

IMG_20120714_070532.jpg

IMG_20120714_104006.jpg

IMG_20120714_132151.jpg

100_MEDIA95_IMAG0365_2.jpg

Awesome job and great report - that's a long day to be out there from 5:30 til 4 PM in that heat!! You guys really are troopers.

Keep up the great work out there and be safe,

- Chris

Awesome job and great report - that's a long day to be out there from 5:30 til 4 PM in that heat!! You guys really are troopers.

Keep up the great work out there and be safe,

- Chris

It is! I think I burned through a whole tube of sunscreen! No sunburn for me though! We let the guests dictate when we went in. They would have stayed til dark. I would have too actually but we did have a bbq to get to. Having steady action makes it easy to loose track of time too.