Seneca Shootout A Big Success

First off you have to start this post off by giving a big thanks to Nick for doing all of the work to put this tournament on. I know he had some help from friends and family today so big thanks to them also. Second I would like to thank all of the sponsors Hills Valleys and Streams, Big Weenie, Dreamweaver, Seneca Marine, and Frog Hollow marina. All of these good folks and businesses helped out a lot with prizes and gift certificates. I got to give a big thanks to Jason who didn’t get to fish today he helped big time with Dreamweaver and Big Weenie. Don’t worry Jason I didn’t beat up your side of the boat too much :lol: . I will post some pics to this post when I get them if anyone has any feel free to add to the post.

The fishing for my team was great today- the plan was to get some big Lakers then pick up Bow and Salmon as we went. Well it took all day of weeding through 3 to 7lb Lakers before we got one that was over 9lbs. We never did get the other 9 to 10lb Laker we needed but we caught a lot of them. As for the silver fish we couldn’t get away from them we had several good bows all in the four to seven lb. range and one good brown. Every time I would park my corner rigger at the 56 deg temp it would fire with a bow. Well once again a big thanks to Nick and congratulations to the winning team you guys got some damn nice Lakers. I have fished in quite a few tournaments and this event unlike most went off without a hitch. The food was great and the pavilion at Frog Hollow was perfect for the event. I look forward to this tournament in the future. Sean

1-1.jpg

4.jpg

Sierra working on a dipsy Laker

2-1.jpg

Her Fish

3-1.jpg

Another good Bow

5.jpg

i couldn't agree with Sean more.Tournament was great acrossed the board. Thanks to Nick for his efforts and to all of the sponsers. I shot a video of the start that I will be posting once I figure out how. Lots of fun and thanks agian to all that supported this tourney. LJ

Yep, it was a good day :yes: A big thank you to nick, to all the sponsors, and all who helped make this event a success , from team reelhard. We boated many nice lakers, but couldn't find any keeper silvers, bows or browns. We had a few doubles, and even a triple. If I could have found those silvers to Weigh 5 fish, we would have had a competitive box... Also, thanks Sean, for what you did for the youth division. Breaden hasn't stopped smiling. He's been telling everybody about weighing in his fish, and winning third place. That right there is what it's all about :beer:

I have to agree with everyone else that the shootout was a great success! Nick you did a great job and I hope its something that grows. I might have a bias opinion, but from the shotgun start to the food, the sponsors, and the competitors, it was great! Our day started out with a 30 min boat ride north and set up looking for our silver fish. We found lots of small landlocks and rainbows. We did find a 7lb brown and a 2lb rainbow but could only find small 4-5lb lakers mixed in. At 11:30 we made the decision to make another 15 min run north to increase our lakers, and it was the right move. We did not even have the 2nd rod set and the first fires and it was game on till 2:40 with the fish ranging from 7-10lbs. Rods were in the boat by 2:50 and pulled into the weigh in with 2 minutes to spare. I have a video of the start but can't figure out how to post, anybody now how, its on youtube.

senecashootout3.jpg

senecashootout.jpg

senecashootout2.jpg

senecashootout4.jpg

senecashootout5.jpg