Canandaigua 7/29 with pics

Started early off Seneca Point at 5:45 am, worked some Suttons on riggers and white with mirage on the divers, blue paddle with blue bubble fly on 300' copper. The Suttons didn't get em going so I asked the young boys fishing with me to choose spoons while their dad drove the boat. Quint picked a NK 4-d with half the black and green paint chipped off, I said are you sure you want that one, (it's kind of bent funny too) and he said yes that's the one. SO down it went to the marks at 125' over 175 fow, and it must have been 2 minutes later, and bam that spoon got bit. The only other bite was on the blue paddle with the blue bubble fly off the copper rod but I told the guys we should let him go to grow. We were back at the cottage by 8:45 am.

We tried our luck in the afternoon with 33canuck aboard but didn't get any bites with his attractors and flies. Tough flasher fly bite for me this year.

Monday evening I had to bring the boat back to Sutters from Seneca Point and sent two riggers down in front of German Bros. and worked north to the drop off marked a few fish and some jumbo bait balls switched from the blue on blue to my Italian flasher and blue and hit a nice smallmouth down 40 ft., the kids spoon pick didn't get bit. Here's the pics, though. I will be out all next week so I hope I can find the hungry fish.

100_4688.jpg

100_4689.jpg

100_4690.jpg

Monday evening bait balls and smallmouth pics

100_4692.jpg

100_4693.jpg

100_4695.jpg

Mike,

I fished Saturday afternoon on Canandaigua. Wanted an early launch but the rain kept me off until 2:00. Trolled from Whisky Point north. Got a big hit that I missed, then soon after i got a nice 23 inch rainbow. This year I get more rainbows than lakers on that lake, and they come deep. With the rigger at 80 feet, rainbows are all i get. I am marking lakers on the bottom in 180 feet and up. With 12 colors of leadcore out, i got a smallmouth. So those fish are way down there this year. Can't wait for fall when things pick up and we don't have to fry in the heat every day.

Pete Collin