Gotta love Keuka, 8/2

Gotta love Keuka! After a nerve-shattering week long motor troubleshooting sprint, and another week of waiting, finally decided to do the 2.5hr round trip to Penn Yan. The engine started on FIRST pull, something it’s never done before for me, and purred effortlessly for 3 hours. We picked up 5 lakers for the grill, totaling about 17lbs, in the first 2.5 hours, and then the bite went dead, but we got to enjoy the beautiful sunset on the lake.

Fished the east Branchport arm down towards the bluff and back, hugging the shoreline in 100-125 FOW. 4 out of 5 came on dipsies on “3†setting, 200’-250’ out, with SD/fly combos of green and white permutations (still refuse to remember the names). The biggest one, however, came on a gold NK28 40’ down. Big loss of the night was a dipsy/sd/fly combo that snapped 5 feet from the boat. No idea why :( But just got to live with those things as “acceptable loss†and move on. It’s “just†money. :puke:

Hmm - if I had a boat I could get into from the water, I'd totally make a dive for it! That's like a $30 dive! Hmm, more rationalization for getting a bigger boat :rofl:

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0602.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg