Species Breakdown:Kings, Browns, and Lakers

Hot Lure: Mirage Fly with green flashers

Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 110ft

Lure Depth: 92, 82,72

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

First time to the lanes with Capt. Ron Stien. What a day! We started right off with browns and lakers and the salmon started about 7:30 and just kept coming. We had doubles and triples with different species on each rod. The biggest Salmon was about 23#, but lost a bigger one at the boat. The biggest Laker was pushing 20#. The Browns were pretty small at about 5#. A day I will never forget.

====================

8_4_12_shipping_channel_fishing_014.jpg

8_4_12_shipping_channel_fishing_049.jpg

8_4_12_shipping_channel_fishing_047.jpg

I hope they move into the Trench in two weeks. I'll be there for my two week fishing vacation. It's a long haul to the shipping lanes if the water is rough but if that's where the fish are that's where I'll be. Looking forward to more reports from Henderson.

High Bidder

It is a long ride but it was way worth it. We are going out again on Labor Day in the trench and I hope it is as good. Unfortunatly the boat i usually go out on is out of the water for the season so i am limited to a few charters for this season. If you do go to the shipping lanes stay tight to the wall. We were killing them but the boats the were too timid did not catch anything.

Out of Henderson it is about 17 miles to the lanes. Go past the south end of Stony and Galoo Islands and the wall is about a mile to the East and a bit South of Galoo. I am sure you can find the wall on your charts. It really helps to have a a plotter with the charts on it to stay right on the wall. Be careful or you will loose gear. I think it is about 24 miles out of Sandy. This summer the fishing is good everywhere, but in summers that are tuff you can still find the salmon out there.