Thanks to all

I'm sitting her after watching Maverick, Irish Thunder, Salmo, Reel Excitement and several other boats turn around and go back to dock on a windy Friday morning. We did not even go down to the boat this morning due to the forecast for thunderstorms. This gives me time to thank all you guys for your willingness to share and help all us new guys. I am on some other boards where getting really useful information is impossible. Thanks to all who contribute here.

I want to give a special thanks to the charter captains who have been of particular help to us. Several years ago I was introduced to this great fishery by my son. He had arranged a charter with Billy V and his buddies backed out so I was Invited along. Capt Bill Ruth had pulled his boat and so he made arrangements for us to fish on Yankee Troller. Both Capt Bill and Capt Rick Hajecki were very knowledgable and helpful to us. They shared freely and worked hard to get us on fish-and they did. Now I read a steady diet of great reports all season from Capt Rick and others. I also need to thank Capt Carl Bish for his helpful reports and friendly conversation.

This is the third season we have spent time on the

Lake on our own and all the help we have had has made us more successful. The previous two seasons we have hauled Li'l Bit (aka green Sportcraft) up for one trip. This season we slipped her for a month. We have seen great conditions and an angry lake. We also took our first brown trout and first coho on our own. We set three new boat records for kings at 22, 27, and 29 pounds. You all had a hand in our success and we thank you.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png