B&B on Cayuga 9/14 - 9/15

Bobber

Had a great weekend! Took the camper and the girls this time...they spent the weekend doin' "girlie" stuff while we fished and they also had a ball. Anyway, back to the important stuff...our B&B team mate, Bruce, met us at the camper at 6 and we wasted no time gettin' on the water. We had planned on runnin' up to Long Point but decided water would probably be warm with the south wind all week, so we ran to the scout camp and set up trolling north. Temp was down around 80'. Set up a 9 rod spread with 4 on the riggers, 4 dipsys, and a lead core. First fish was a legal Atlantic on the leadcore pullin' a firetiger stick. Got reset and 240' dipsy with green dolphin SD and Kade's favorite fly(agitated frog) takes off. Kade was all business shoutin' out orders as he fought his winning fish to the net. 8# 13oz laker. After that, it was a painfully slow pick of small lakers and atlantics. Well...they weren't all small...we threw back a 7# laker...ooops :lol: didn't think it was big enough to hold on the "Big Boy" board. Fished up to Sheldrake, turned around as the north wind got blowin' pretty good, and trolled south to the yacht club. Pretty much every rod took a fish at some point, but really had to work for them. Temp was down 130' when we picked up down there.

Sunday Bruce was at the camper again at 6 and we decided to try runnin' a shallower program, maybe get lucky and pick up a big brown. Set up in front of scout camp again and tried running the bench up to Rocky Dock. We picked a few small fish...screen was great again but couldn't get much going. Turned around at Rocky Dock and came back down thru...blank screen :o . Turned around again at scout camp and tried deeper water...nothing too exciting. Turned around again at Rocky Dock and decided to try the bench one last time before picking up. Moved in and hit 90 fow, made a hard turn to hold that line, and 140' dipsy pullin' a grease trap gets clobbered. Kade is all business again and gets it in far enough to see the fish... :o:o:o ...looked like a submarine comin' in. I told Kade to let him keep his head in the water as I laid on top of the outboard on my belly with net in hand. 2' outa reach and he's off...and immediately headed back to the bottom. :@:@:@ Bruce chuckled a little and said" I told you you needed a longer handle on that thing you call a net!" :@:@:@:@:@ Reset and trolled back to scout camp but couldn't find any more willing big guys although the screen had lit up again. We did get a 2# rainbow that thought he was 10# and put on a heck of a show.

All in all...tough fishing, but we had a good time. Kade was soooo pumped that he won the youth division...AND...beat the "Big Boys" with the biggest fish on the board...I think he's probably gonna make me throw in $20 for him next time so he can fish in the "Big Boy" division. :lol::lol: Thanks to all involved in puttin' this together, and thanks again Scott for the extension cord!

Kyle