Lakers in the Rain

Hello All,

I always believed that the best fishing makes you suffer a little.

Hit canandaigua's southern end and trolled my way north, bouncing bottom the whole way. They were in the mood to bite. Got thirteen fish up to 28 inches. The morning was so good, I went out again after lunch, but got only 3 small ones the whole time. Finger lakes fishing is definitely a morning game, no matter how you try to force things! The lakers were still being sluggish fighters, saving their energy to thwart my attempt to unhook them. Pretty, though. Colorful.

There was another boat of guys who launched at the same time I did. they said it was their best rainbow day ever, with 3 in the cooler from 5 to 7 pounds. They were in the middle portion of the lake.

Gotta love fall fishing.

Pete Collin

Gotta love fall fishing.............AGREED :yes: no water skiers, no jet skis, leaves changing, go during the week (my day is Thursday, most weeks) & there's a good chance you'll have the lake to yourself...........almost......... & those sharing it with you are the "respectful" kind, Yep gotta love the Finger Lakes this time of year :yes::)

Mike,

Yes, I ran a couple of SG rigs. Had a leadcore out for a while but it got no strikes and was kind of in my way. I ate at the Sawmill. It was great...sat with a gas stove at my back which warmed and dried me. The owner said she was wondering whether to bother opening up. Glad she did.

Want to try it tomorrow, weatehr permitting.