tekota drag washer replacement

hooknup

I am replacing the drag washers on my tekota 500& 600s. Question. Should i grease the washers or fit them dry? I replaced my 700 & 800s this past season and fitted them dry. They worked great for the copper. Im just not sure if i should use grease for the smaller reels

Al

HOOKNUP 2

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If you are replaceing the drag washers with the original type, they are reffered to as "wet" and you should use Shimano drag washer grease.

From what I heard you can get replacement drag washers from Tuna Tom and I believe they are supposed to be run dry.

I've never used those but think I will give them a try on one reel when I need to replace the originals.

Good luck

Glen

Tuna did 28 reels for me last year with the Carbon Fiber dry drags, & they are great. Really noticed how smooth they are on Spring Kings, when they explode close to the boat several times ripping off 50+ feet of line before coming to the net, & not one problem with smooth operation. Go with the dry carbon fiber drags. The new Diawa Saltists come with the carbon fiber drags.