Holiday wish list

Well with my fishing season officially ended by breaking off what was surely the biggest trout I will ever encounter... its now time to start planning ahead and getting ready for next season. Currently I have a fairly basic setup 2 riggers and 2 leadcores. I would like to add 1 dipsy and 1 copper rig, but I would also like some suggestions on what better options maybe? One thing to keep in mind is that space is limited in the boat, and I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. Any lures or other gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also feel free to post what you wish list is!

I think your on the right track with the dipsy rod and copper setup.... Dipsys are very productive rods when ran correctly... I suggest a basic okuma dipsy rod and okuma. 45 reel with a 1000 feet of wire and run with a mag dipsy on a 2 setting with spin doctor and fly to start.... As far as copper i would start with a 300 and invest in a church tx22 planner board to run it off of to free up space in the back of your boat.... both very effective setups all year...

Mike

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Alex,

Question - do you mostly target lakers or silvers? And which lakes do you mostly fish? For lakers, a "meatball rig" set up to bounce bottom is deadly, but is best suited for Seneca and Cayuga. It's basically a truncated Seth Green rig with wire, a 1 pound ball, and a single leader.

Pete

As one who has way too many rods. If I was on a budget, I would keep my riggers always, buy two inline boards for your lead core and invest in two dipsey (wire) rods. Typically my wire rods produce equally to everything else. I would make sure you have heavy duty rod holders for your wire setups. These take hard whacks and their is no stretch to the wire. That being said if you choose to go with a copper set up pay the few bucks extra and get your copper marked at 50 ft increments and go with a 500 or 600. This will allow you to fish it all season. I tie 1ft sections of 50lbs mono at 100ft increments so I can hook them to my planers.

Treadwright.com. Been running them for 5 years now on all of my work and personal trucks. Good bang for your buck! Just ordered 24 of them for many of my plow trucks.