I purchased a pair of 14lb rigger weights for a pretty good deal. Now need to find another pair. I am looking at the cabelas directional weights. They are only 12lb. SO..... are they no good for getting to 100'? I am thinking they would be a good idea. But! they might not be I have never used them. I was thinking the 14s for the center 2 and the 12lb directional for the 2 outside riggers. Are the awesome or a disaster waiting to happen. Get another pair of 14lb? get the directional pair? or go with both? Never can have enough, right? Keep helping the helpless. THANKS!

It may be a good idea to have every rigger weight in the same shape and weight. They will all react the same way to whatever currents and speeds they encounter.This will increase the probability for the relative distance between the weights to stay the same. Different shapes will have different reactions thereby increasing the chance of tangles.

I just purchased two 14lb yeck finned balls for $80 from Brettsplaceonthebay.com . From the research I have done he has the best prices and if not he will beat any competitor. I would like some of those torpedoes though.

You can't beat the Torpedoes for tracking unless you want to go to the high dollar Shark weights.

Four 12 lb Atomic torpedoes is all I run and have fished as deep as 225 down with them.

Shallow water Brown fishing in early spring I run 10 lb finned balls because they are less likley to dig into the rocks than the torpedoes pointed nose.

Those two sets of weights cover all my fishing needs.

Good luck.

Glen