What do these low water levels mean for next year?

rolmops

With hardly any water in the tributaries and some bays effectively landlocked, what will this do to the natural reproduction of our target fish and its bait and how will it effect the fishing two and three years from now?

Something to think about is that environmentalists wanted the lake to have higher highs and lower lows to help restore & improve the wetlands. This shoud certainly test their theory. As for natural repro', I'd think it's going to hurt. However don't sell the boat.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

In the spring, we'll all have to be especially careful at the launch ramps and going through the channels to the lake. It might be a good idea to keep a spare prop in the boat until the levels come back up. If dredging is going to happen, this is the right time.

Rolmops has an opinion I agree with. The trib low levels should impact the stream spawning, but the lake impact won't be noticed for 2-3 years. Consecutive low levels could ruin it for stream fishermen. But Mother Nature will find a way to adapt. Hopefully there will be a gradual shift in spawning locations to areas that become more conducive to spawning because of the drop in water levels. I'm keeping my boat and will do whatever it takes to adapt likewise.

Humans will never outsmart Mother Nature.