RAM mounts

We use a RAM mount for our Furuno 585 and it works great. Really easy to remove the sonar head and store in the cabin and than to reinstall when needed. It is strong and holds the 585 securely even in rough seas.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Thanks guys!

I've got a Furuno now, wanted to add the HDS7. RAM looks like it will work, but now from what I've

been reading, I'm worried about interference.

John

The RAM mount itself shouldn't have anything to do with interference per se. The critical factor in mounting any depth finder is keeping it away from sources of interference e.g. ignition, other electronics that may be poorly shielded etc. Most of the RAM mounts are quite adjustable and there are a number of base configurations so that positioning them has a lot of options. The problem comes when you have a "cramped" space near all your other stuff and that is the ONLY option for placement....but that is an issue for ANY mount. If you are stuck with such a placement issue you might want to look at increasing the shielding on the unit itself (eg. wrapped cable shielding for electrical devices) and wrap the cable (s) of your new depth finder and see if that solves the problem.

Yeah, saw that Cisco mount on the net. Got a friend that has his boat rigged up with their holders,

and they seem really nice. Just not sure if the Cisco will give me as much flexibility as the RAM,

and if the HDS-7 doesn't interfere with the Furuno, I'm going to need that flex to get it mounted.

Otherwise, Furuno goes and I have no issue.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cisco s way better than the ram. I had 4 ram products on my boats one broke and one wore out and two I replaced. I have pics of the Cisco electronics mount that I'm using with an hds 8 it's awesome. For just a few dollars more you get quality aluminum construction with lifetime

Warranty. You mounting it in your walk around?