youth fishing programs in rochester????

My grandfather passed this morning, One of his passions was fishing.

I am looking for a local rochester youth fishing program that we can make donations too

instead for flowers. I can not find any via the internet or NY DEC.

Does anyone know of any programs that introduce kids to fishing or take special needs kids fishing????

Thanks for any info you might have.

Best Regards,

Capt. Kevin Gath

Fishlander Charters.

Robert Ives 2/25/20 - 1/31/13....

gramps.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

Not sure of any organization dedicated to fishing for kids but may want to try one of these places:

http://www.activitytree.com/kids-classe ... ter/14623/

I also know that the Monroe County Fishery Advisor Board donates rods for a fishing derby every year at powder Mill park. Maybe contact them to see if they know of any org that does what you looking for?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

There is DEC camps all over the state. Kids attend usually by being sponsored by sporting clubs. I know at ELOSTA we sent 7 kids to camp last summer. These camps teach all aspects of the outdoors. I would imagine if you donated money to say trout unlimited or any sporting club in the Rochester area with a specific purpose to send these kids to camp they would accept it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sorry to hear of your loss. Parents and grandparents, and any mentor that introduces the outdoor pursuits to young people give a gift that lives on forever.

There is a kids fishing derby here in Olcott every June. Most of us donate time, prizes, or cash to fund it. It is hugely popular, and when its time to come to the pavillion for the hots/hamburgers or prizes, some of the kids don't want to leave the docks. These events could be held in each port/town. The one here is held on "free fishing day", the day licenses aren't necessary. Watching the kids proudly displaying their "sunnys" (measured in inches) and their smiles is priceless. The prizes are mostly starter fishing gear.