Planer Board Releases

Try the clippers. My experience with any type of relaese that "pinches" the line they will sometimes just allow the line to mov e through the release, rather than pull out of the release. Also releases that have a high profile will eventiully get caught up on your other lines when they are dangling after releasing. I have the clippers threaded onto the planer board line and then I have the retriever clip below the unused releases. I have been running planer board for over 25 years and In my opinion the clippers are superior to all others.

None whatsover. Once they are set to the correct tension they dont false release and they are consistent. I run 14 pound trilene XT. One thing to know is the lines must be all the same diameter, because the tension is based on the diameter of the line. If you have all different weight lines it will be a problem. A philips screwdriver is required to change the tension and it would be very inconvneient to change tensions while fishing. One other thing I do is epoxy the slot (they are designed to snap over the ski line one at a time) closed. I had some occasions when the fishing line would get into the slot when deployed.