Torpedo wire for sub troll and depth raider.

I just purchased the torpedo temp and speed wire and I was just wondering if I should just drop it down on the rigger and leave it without raising and lowering to prolong the wire's life or doesn't it really matter?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I run a Depth raider. Coated cable on my center rigger. Blow back was the same. I also ran that wire on the HP scotty I think it was to fast for the cable. I do know people who had luck with it on there 1116 scottys. Maybe they will add to the discussion here. I used the same connector as the coated cable. The name of it is escaping me at the moment. The connector was not where it broke. It would just randomly snap in the cable. I wrote to torpedo and there response was we are sorry it did not work out for you... :no:

I also run a fishhawk on my port boom rigger as I like having 2 probes going all the time and I hardly notice any blowback with that new fishhawk probe.

I ran the torpedo wire last year and found it to be an inferior product with even worse customer service. I also lost two shark weights and two probes further more I would start off with great temp readings. But with use my maximum depth dropped to 30 ft. At the end of the season I investigated and found the core transmitting wire was broken in numerous places always closest to the terminal end. I wonder if high speed riggers and auto stops are too much for the product. Run coated cable you will be better in the long run.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I am putting it on a uni troll so I will see. Thanks for the incite guys, I sent them an email cancelling my order but received one back stating it was already shipped. Hopefully its not a $70 piece of garbage