Big Weenie Grease Traps

I have been on the fence about pulling the trigger on the grease traps. I am trying to find a solid program for Lakers in deep water adirondack lakes. The main issue is the cost of the things, but other than that, what do you guys pull behind them? I have seen recommendations for vibrating flys, etc. but I have zero experience with that type of fly. 

Any recommendations?

We ran them local with zero luck. We had spin n glo's behind them. We have also lost two rigs to the bottom. Lake Winnipesaukee is a very unforgiving lake with a ton of structure. It is dificult to target bottom dwelling species without hanging up often and at the pice of the grease trap I am now saving them for my trips out west. We get some suspended fish, but not like other lakes where they are up working a bait ball.

Our most efficiant method is Yanking bottom with spoons, which works down to around 70' after that there is a ton of line out and depending on water conditions it is hard to keep bottom. Especially with how it changes so quickly on that lake.

We did like the looks of the grease trap but our local fish didn't.

Spike

I looked at the traps but they are way too expensive for me.  Hammerhead Cowbells works awesome so I will stick with them.  Spin N Glows and peanuts will work fine behind them if you do make the purchase Matt.

I looked at the traps but they are way too expensive for me.  Hammerhead Cowbells works awesome so I will stick with them.  Spin N Glows and peanuts will work fine behind them if you do make the purchase Matt.

Thanks for the info Brian.  What color cow bells work best for you? I have a blue and silver set that I run a chartreuse spin and glow behind and I have yet to catch anything on it.