Would you be upset... because I sorta am

Oh boy.....Thats a tough one brother. Some guys excel at doing fish, other guys like Deer,Birds, and predators....

Heres a couple of Kings I had Done by Streeter's Taxidermy in Williamson NY.....The Fall King was 37# and the summer King was 40#. Good Luck with the upcoming season...........Kingmounts001-1.jpgKingmounts002-1.jpg

Stop payment on the balance due and find another taxidermist who will do what you want, it's your hard earned money let alone your trophy.

FWIW, I had a 40 " northern pike mounted in MI years ago, and it came out perfect, and the taxidermist even removed all the meat keeping the skin and head intact for the mount and sent me home with 18 lbs of meat to fillet and we had fish fry for 15 people.

I feel your pain. Two years ago I shot a drake Eurasian Widgeon and a nice drake Pintail to have mounted. Took them to have them mounted and 6 months later the taxidermist doesn't know where they went! Not a huge deal except that Eurasian widgeon is extremely rare bird I shot in the middle of the Chesapeake bay. I since shot another drake pintail but I will never get a chance at another E. Widgeon.

On the subject.....I'm now a little worried about a fish one of my buddies caught aboard my boat this past season. It was his biggest and wanted it mounted so I called around the local baitshops ( Larrys Salmon Shop, All Season) and they all used Dave Fish. Anyone know about his work ?

Thanks

I have been using Fish Wish Taxidermy in Port Ontario (behind Woody's) and have been very happy with the results. I caught a 42", 33lb king back in 1998 and had Maggie at Fish Wish handle the mounting responsibilities. To this day, the mount still looks beautiful and I continue to get nice comments on it. It looks exactly like the king I caught.