Cabelas Reviews

Pete Collin

Hello All,

On the Cabelas website, each product gives the public the chance to review them, and you can read what everybody wrote.  I recently wrote a review of an outboard motor I bought.  It was critical of some things that gave me problems, but was pretty fair I think.  In a 5-star rating system, I gave the motor a 3.  Cabelas immediately emailed me saying they were sorry I was unhappy with the product, and had problems.  i wrote that my problems had been taken care of for the most part.  But the review never got posted.  If you look around, you will find almost everything has a 4 or 5 star rating.  Most reviews are written by guys that just bought the thing and used it a couple of times.  You all know that longevity and reliability are big components of how you appraise something like a boat motor.  So be wary when you read the reviews - the ones that might be helpful have been deleted!

Pete Collin

www.pcforestry.com

Pete:

I had a different experience with them, I asked where a commercial grade vac seal machine with a nice $100 off sale price was made (it was not in the info about the machine) , & they came back with China, so I am still using my Food Saver vac sealer.

I had a similar experience as yours with Tire rack.

I like to check product reviews generated by product non-affilated web sites if they are available.

Good info, Thanks

John