Lake o first timer

Adk1

What should be in my tackle box heading out to lake o in July? Basically what are must haves. Also are there any good books out there on fishing the lake o and trolling techniques?

No book needed.  Just spend hours reading this site.  Here are a couple go to combos / spoons for me:

Spin Doctors and Atommik Flies-

Hammertime Spin Doctor with the Green Hammer fly

Live Wire Spin Doctor with the Green Crinkle fly

White Crush Spin Doctor with the Mirage Fly

Dalmation Spin Doctor with the Blue Hammer fly

Stinger Spoons-

NBK - Stingray and Mag

Gator - Stingray and Mag

Diehard - Stingray and Mag

Tuxedo - Stingray and Mag

Cool - I read before I had much hands-on experience and then reread afterwards.  Made a huge difference with a bit of experience. 

I have the dvds as well; found they compliment the book material but don't replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest thing get water temp at lures, if u don't have a probe ask on radio. I've wasted many hours trolling too warm of water with no chance before owning one. Some days warm water is still down 100ft. But I also like throwing an NBK in stingray down for browns and mountain dew flasher fly

Cool - I read before I had much hands-on experience and then reread afterwards.  Made a huge difference with a bit of experience. 

I have the dvds as well; found they compliment the book material but don't replace it.

Definitely Agree. The book(s) are great. The DVD's are nowhere near as informative.  Lots of info in the book will be stuff you may already know, but it may be presented in a different point of view that may help out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered. Excited to read and learn more. Thanks for the advice on this book!

I have read it cover to cover twice now. IT is really helping me with my tackle purchases. everything from rod/reel combos all the way to terminal tackle