Cayuga 4/23

Launched at Treman, first line in just before 6:30.  Didn't even get the second one going before the first one went, picked up a 17" brown.  Good sign.  

Very good fishing until eight or so when the wind picked up and made boat control difficult.  Tried trolling up the east side with the wind but quickly ran into cold water.  Battled the wind for a bit before switching over to casting, cast for an hour and caught another nice salmon.  All told 11/13 with 1 brown, two rainbows 18-20", and the rest salmon 16-22".  Kept one of the salmon and a rainbow that had been attacked by a pike or something, it was pretty beat up.  Nothing huge but a busy first hour and a half and a lot better than last trip.  Sticks in firetiger and black/silver, small spoons in purple/silver and green/silver.  Didn't put anything down deeper than 10-12 feet.  Water 48 at the mouth, 44-46 on the shelf and 43 further north.

Also saw the Cornell guys towing the RUSS out into the lake, passed them in the inlet on the way in.

Edit: 4 lamprey on 3 fish, all 6-8".

Edited by hermit

Thanks Ed! good to see you'll be out there soon, good luck.

jusgrinnin, yeah it wasn't that bad just a bit much for 1 guy going crosswise to the wind, boat's very light and if I let go of the tiller I'd spin right around.  Did have one minor tangle which was when I switched to casting. Would have been fine with 2 guys or going with the wind.  Probably gusting to around 20.  Great morning overall!