Newby from the Great Sacandaga

Adk1

I have fished the Great Sacandaga all my life. Predominatly walleye and Record Northern Pike. I have been on Lake O fishing for Salmon and browns but was many years ago as a kid. I have been wanting to get back to Lake O and start fishing it i nthe near future. This past fall I picked up a Starcraft Islander 221V out in Akron NY off of Lake Erie. She is alittle older (1991) but she is in fine shape. I also picked up a nice 15HP Johnson Kicker. Luckily the Islander had been decked out with torpedos, a kicker bracket, two Side Planer wheels etc. I have also been lucky enough to have been given two electric Cannon downriggers from a very good family friend that has since retired from Great Lakes fishing. I will get these in a few weeks.. I have lots to do to be ready t ofish the Big O though, need to update the older eagle depthfinder and basically outfit myself with new rod/reel trolling combos and basically every kind of lure! Urgh! Its a bit overwhelming coming from being predominatly a walleye angler my entire life. Learning allot from this great board though! Thanks to everyone!

I grew up on the Sacandaga fishing mainly Benedict Bay and Hans creek. The transition to Lake O is awesome. If you need any help let me know. I fish mainly out of Wilson now and do pretty well. Good luck getting rigged up!

I grew up on the Sacandaga fishing mainly Benedict Bay and Hans creek. The transition to Lake O is awesome. If you need any help let me know. I fish mainly out of Wilson now and do pretty well. Good luck getting rigged up!Are you referring to Sacandaga Lake or the Great Sacandaga Lake (Reservoir)?