Seneca Lake Derby

Don't know about anyone else but I'm ready for the derby!!  Each year I meet new people and share stories, Thats whats make it so much fun, the beer does help too!!  We're headed down on the 22nd and camping at Sampson, site 226, i think.  Just look for the 2 Lunds!!  We have 4 sites in loop 5 this year, not including you BlueGhost.  I think you got our site from last year. 

Hey Nick, big fish Friday???

Edited by cdgn troller

I'm pretty pumped too. I've been rigging equipment all winter.....I'm still not certain what they are going to do about the north end weigh station this year as they knocked down the Chamber Of Commerce Building. I hope they have something at the north end as it sure helps on gas not having to run all the way to Sampson full tilt just to weigh something (if I fish to the north). Last year mine was flopping on the scale though :)  I was at Seneca today looking around at the Long Pier....the water was crystal clear to the bottom for as far as the eye could see. A good rain a couple days before the derby could certainly help out in stirring things up a little ....I've come up with a few bizarre new weapons this year...must have been the long winter :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

The entry blank shows a weigh station near the site of the demolished chamber building. They will probably work out a tent (like they do at the Watkins weigh station).

That's the one Brett. Headed down Thurs. sites 208 and 210 I believe. I thought we were getting across from you and Jay this year! Looking forward to it counting the days same way I was when I was 7 in my first derby!

I will be at Sampson again this year as well.  Will be setting up camp Thursday at site 315.  Its hard to believe derby time is almost here I wait and plan for this weekend all year.  Always enjoy the good company and the whole experience.  I enjoy meeting other LOU members stop in for a cold one....

Jeremy