Team Billy V on Cayuga May 5th, 2013

Today we got the members of our tournament team together for a morning of rod handling practice.  :)  We made a left out of the chute at Myers at 6:00am and started setting up in the bay south of the point.  Much like Fish-On's report from the day before we had the first rod fire before we were set up and William was into a good fish.  We were working deeper water (60-120FOW) on our troll south along the east shore and that's where we found most of today's better fish.  We spent some time in closer and ran the boards up close to the beach and we found more bites in there but they were definitely smaller than the fish outside of them in the deep water so we slid back out for a little bit slower, but more fun bite.  Even with the "slower" bite we still managed several doubles and tallied nearly 30 bites by the time that we called it a day at 11:00am.  Temps were pretty consistent everywhere we trolled this am - 48-50ish degrees on the surface.  We worked our way down past Esty hill and then turned around and trolled back up the same side all the way to Myers.  Riggers took most of the better Altantics - down 5'-35'.  Best spoons were  the DW Super Slim Sea Sick Waddler, Green Gator, and 42nd Spoon.  Stick baits fished off of the boards took the most shots and we were running a couple of deeper diving sticks that took better fish.  That KABOOM Goby stick continues to be one of our hottest baits and I'm glad that I have several of them left as they're not made any more.  :(

William_zps63f90177.jpg

Benjamin_zpsab0559d5.jpg

RuthBoyzDoubled_zpsbef814d1.jpg

We also broke in the newest member of the team today - our 15 month old Brittany named Bailey.  She did great on the boat today and should become a pretty regular member of the squad when we're not out chartering.

WilliamampBailey_zps60039f33.jpg

Excellent job, From the third picture you took, It looks like the same spot I got them, I got em further north too. That's an awesome job there boys, Billy V I just bought some Kabooms about 4 months ago, Can't remember the site I got them from, They had gobys in two colors though. Jons bait shop in Mexico Bay has them too. I got some of the Bigger fish off the riggers using RR spoons, Green rocker and the orange rocker, But most off bigger sticks up top. Nice to see the smiles on kids faces when they catch fish.

We caught one brown too - our 5th of the year - and put him back.  I talked to Dave Storm at KABOOM and he is still in business, but is basically just selling through whatever inventory he has left, and is only selling to individuals and charter boats through his website.  He is not actively selling to retail stores any more - too bad because his stick baits are great stuff.

Yeah I've got some of the kabooms, It's to bad the storm brothers didn't stick it out, They had a good thing going, I found the site I bought them from, Your right, All the gobys are sold out. Didn't bother to look at the rest. I do have a ton of thundersticks though, Some I wouldn't dare take out of the boxes they came in, Check out e bay for the old originals, Wow!