Looking for some help planning a trip!

Long time page stalker first time poster... Im looking for a little help planning a Musky hunt. Im looking for a little info on planning a trip this fall more or less where and when. St Lawerance? Chautauqua? Niagra river? My father and i have fished for them before but never really targeted them and now that i have a boat that will better accomidate this type of trip i wanna make it happen. So please any info that you guys would like to help me with that would be great. Places? Time of year (I understand its more of a fall thing but what month/week would be best). I also understand that this is the fish of 10,000 cast but im getting close i think i have about 9389 casts and all summer to meet my limit. 

Giants come out of the St. Larry every year but it is big water and can be very challenging.  If you are looking for better odds at getting a few muskies to the boat I would suggest chautauqua.  Muskie fishing is challenging anywhere (thats what makes it so rewarding) but chautauqua is smaller water than the larry so you would have a better shot at a successful trip IMO.  Oct/Nov is nice there...cooler temps and less pleasure boat traffic

If I were you I would fish the NY Muskies 69 Chautauqua Musky Tournament on June 29th.www.nymusky.com This way you can see where everyone is trolling & casting and mark your chart for future trips.You could take a guide trip with me for one day and then go out on your own after.www.mostlymuskies.com/reports.htm

Capt Larry

Muskies Inc. chapter 69 will be meeting this Monday May 20, 7PM at the Moose Lodge 5375 West Henrietta Rd.  Captain Lary will be there as well as many other members who can give you insight and tips.  You are welcome to join us as a guest and meet other local musky fishermen.  Brad Hammers, Fisheries Biologist with NY DEC region 8 will be our guest speaker and will be talking about future plans for Waneta and Lamoka lakes.