Henderson/Black River/Chaumont/Guffin: Reports

Still feel for ya losing that rigger man... really sucks! I looked at your pics and you have the older style mag 10's.  I have the new STX Mag 10's and they're a vast improvement over the previous model.  They have that faster speed you want and a couple other nice features.  I gotta get back up that way soon... I'm addicted.  The haul out of BRB campground was a little long every day though.  Might need to find somewhere closer in Henderson or something.  I burned through 35+ gallons of fuel this weekend.  I'm already thinking about the pre-spawn salmon river stack-up at the mouth before they start to run.  You ever try that?  

I get out every weekend possible for the last 3 years. I have fished most of the east end of lake o now and caught all species. I am also addicted. When the salmon start there run I switch to spey casting the rivers for salmon and steelies. Westcott beach is probably your best bet unless you find a hotel to stay at in sackets. That ride defiantly sucks. I didn't even burn 12 gallons this weekend. And I used the verado for trolling. (Better control with the winds we had)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wholly cow that place is expensive...

You got that right. I just checked it out,  It must be the most expensive KOA in America, LOL. Well maybe next to Aspen KOA if there is such a thing. What a Joke! For another option try Westcott State Park. That would be cheap (pitch a tent) and its only another 4 miles further than association Island. You can buy a lot of gas for that price difference!

Why don't you look in to Henderson marina, they rent cottages and they have a house and a trailer, we stayed in their cottages and the price was like $25 or $35 a night with all the sheets and towels included, have fridge, stove, heat, airco all you need is food and beer, they have docks everything, we liked it or you could look into the Staiff out fit they also have room rentals. PAP   PS. Henderson has cable TV also that's included.

Why don't you look in to Henderson marina, they rent cottages and they have a house and a trailer, we stayed in their cottages and the price was like $25 or $35 a night with all the sheets and towels included, have fridge, stove, heat, airco all you need is food and beer, they have docks everything, we liked it or you could look into the Staiff out fit they also have room rentals. PAP   PS. Henderson has cable TV also that's included.

++ Pap......looks like the best deal going!

Called Henderson Marina and all of their cabins are already rented for next year's memorial day holiday (surprising!).  Ended up booking a cabin with Bedford Creek Marina which is next to Westcott Beach State Park. Staying for 7 days 8 nights next year... 

Tugger, you won't be disappointed, the places are clean and tidy. Go over to the marina and ask to look at the cottages and they will let you take a look and then ask what's the price per night and ask if you could put a money down on the dates you want to stay, so to say reserve your cabin, that's what we did, and they had no problem with that, they are great people to deal with, and I think the docks were $10.00 extra a day, then you can walk right out of your cabin and get in your boat and head out on the lake, it's really nice, and they have a good tackle shop right there also and helpful with what's is the going system because lots of charters go out of Henderson. Hope this pans out for you. PAP. :yes:  :beer:  :beer:

Called Henderson Marina and all of their cabins are already rented for next year's memorial day holiday (surprising!).  Ended up booking a cabin with Bedford Creek Marina which is next to Westcott Beach State Park. Staying for 7 days 8 nights next year... 

I'm sorry Henderson didn't pan out for you, :( Buy I'm glad you got something anyway, at least you can have a piece of mind knowing that you got a place to stay for next year. :clap: We always rented the cabins in the off season, after the camp ground closes for the year, maybe that's why we never had a problem getting a room. Tight lines to you for the rest of the season, and next year. PAP

I'm sorry Henderson didn't pan out for you, :( Buy I'm glad you got something anyway, at least you can have a piece of mind knowing that you got a place to stay for next year. :clap: We always rented the cabins in the off season, after the camp ground closes for the year, maybe that's why we never had a problem getting a room. Tight lines to you for the rest of the season, and next year. PAP

Depending if you want to drive a little there is a campground on the northern side of Chaumont bay.  You would need a camper or tent as there are no cabins to rent.  It is called Long Point State Park.  There is also another campground called Shangrila but the owner is a real witch and their so called marina needs a lot of work.  They do on the other hand have a free launch on site or you can launch at the state park for $5.