Cannon fixed 4" pedestal mount broke

Was making a run today and had my cannon 4" fixed downrigger base (mounted to a track) break off at the riser and top of the pedestal. I had the screws come loose and tighened them before. Noticed a slight wobble last night but did not feel like monekeying around with it. I learned my lesson today as I lost my mag10stx with dual rod holders and retreiver. Only had this set up for 3 weeks and all but rigger are brand new. The screws completely stripped out of the aluminum. I was not very satisfied with the durability to begin with and planned to hard mount them but did not expect this. I never run with the balls attached and always have the clip secured. just want everyone to be aware that the quality of this design is garbage. cannons are no longer on my boat and scottys are being installed this weekend hard mounted to the gunnel. scottys are much faster and have a lower center of gravity.

post-148842-0-52161500-1369688750_thumb.jpg

Sorry for your troubles.  I would give Cannon a call before you spend ther money on a new rigger.  Cannon stand behind their products.  You might be suprised if you call them. 

They have requested for the broken pedestal sent back with receipts of everything that was lost. Not sure I still have receipts. Had a front mph t dual rod holder weight retriever and swivel base on it. Will see what they actually give me back. Still switching to scottys hard mounted.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes plenty. I already planned to. Even have the owners manual. Not that it proves anything but...I'm more upset about the time lost on the water this weekend. Might install the riggers myself tomorrow instead of waiting all next week for the boat to be serviced. (Due for first 20hr oil changes on both motors)

• 2 weeks later...

What great customer service! Cannon will be relacing everything. Sent receipts pictures a letter and the broken part, and they have agreed to replace everything. Even the early 90's mag 10a will be updated to a current mag 10! Throughly impressed!

What great customer service! Cannon will be relacing everything. Sent receipts pictures a letter and the broken part, and they have agreed to replace everything. Even the early 90's mag 10a will be updated to a current mag 10! Throughly impressed!

:yes:

There ya go! If you don't stick with Cannons on that ride your crazy after that kind of customer service. They are a company located in the US unlike Scotty. Keep the money here! Scotty is a great product, and if we didn't have Cannons we'd have Scottys, but it's unfair to say they are faster.

It's my understanding that you need to buy the high speed Scotty's to get the faster motor. All Cannon downriggers have the same 250fps motor in them.

Already put the scottys on. Still have the other cannon on as well. Scottys are much faster and I do love the hand brake instead of risking the backspooling. No complaints about cannon from me though. I do agree with the made in USA, did not realize scottys were not. Just excited to know there are good companies that support their products in a sport that already consumes a ton of money.