Fun at the boat launch

We were waiting over on seneca to launch and there was a guy with an older fiberglass boat I/O and a mini van getting ready to pull his boat out.  He threw it in drive and floored it.  He was on concrete and shouldn't have had any problem pulling the boat out.  Well he left it trimmed down and dragged the skag a good 50' before he stopped it actually lifted the back of the boat off the trailer.  We were just shooting the crap with the guy in front of us as the guy did it he yelled "Hey pay attention if you want to learn how to throw away a quick grand".  Everyone in line started laughing, the guy deserved it seeing as he took half hour to put all his gear away before pulling the boat out.

Best story I can remember is an ole timer at the launch with a beat up aluminum boat. I have seen him so many times before with a cobbled up trailer, crescent wrench winch handle etc. one Saturday morning we got to the launch and he was there teaching his grandson the ins and outs of being a mariner. Thought nothing of it and heard the ole timer say unplug the trailer ( which I assumed meant lights) well the grandson proceeded to pull the pin out of the hitch. As the ole timer starts backing down the ramp the hitch slides out of the receiver, most would think, ok no problem safety chains will stop it and with a bit of effort the trailer jack would assist getting the trailer hooked back to the truck. We watched the tail end on the hitch pull out of the recieiver, then the dog chain used as safety chain that would not hold up a hang basket of flowers snaps. There goes boat and trailer down the ramp with the truck sitting still. The boat floated in the water, supported the trailer too. We quickly roped the boat and got it back to the dock. Once we finally got it back on the truck, the ole timer never raising his voice shows the boy what he meant and then the launched and started their day. I commend that ole timer for his patience.

The best launch ramp story i have was in Hammondsport.  I had just pulled through the gate and there was a guy there with a video camera on a tripod taping his son who was sitting on a jet ski (still on the trailer) --- which was hooked to a very nice looking convertible.  I didn't pay too much attention to the kind of car as i was more interested in what what going on with the video camera and jet ski.  The kid was sitting there rocking the jet ski back and forth trying to get it off the trailer without having to back the car into the water.  The guy videotaping informed us that his son was working on a school project on "how to use a jet ski".  Well after a few minutes of rocking back and forth to no avail, the guy told his son to go ahead and pull out of the water and let us launch.  So the kid hops in the car and pulls out (not very slowly) and all of the rocking back and forth must have did something because the jet ski was teetering on the very back edge of the trailer bouncing up and down as he pulled ~50 feet forward.  I kept thinking "i hope the dad is still videotaping this for the bloopers section of the video". 

Anyways he managed to keep the jet ski on the trailer and we had time to launch, park the truck, and take off up the lake before he ever got the jet ski off the trailer.

Boat launch manners should be a law, that if broken, is punishable by genital electro-shock treatment until adhered to.....................betcha they'd pull their head out their a$$ in a BIG hurry then.......lol.