Seneca South End 6/9, big Salmo Trutta

Headed out solo in the morning looking for silver fish.  Spent a few hours on the east side, where I had marked lots of bait and arcs the evening before out over 100-200ft.  Setup on these fish, and made several passes without a release???  Tried a few different setups, speeds, direction, etc, but nada...  So eventually just headed north along the east shore, started out deeper but moved in marking good schools of alewives in close.    Picked up a skinny 17" salmon to break the ice.  Made a tight S turn just off a shallow shelf and I get a nice release on the inside rigger set at 12' about 80' back. Heavy fish that made some nice runs and finally came to the net.  Nice 8lb brown, biggest of the season.  Headed north picked a healthy 20" salmon that had an egg fly broke off in its jaw (must have been hooked ina  tribe), and I took it out for him and let him go back to keep growing.  Also picked up a couple more browns between 3-4 lbs.  Not exactly fast and furious but a nice morning to be out.  Headed in once the pleasure boaters started heading out in droves.  

Took fish on 2-3 colors of lead, and off riggers in 12-25 ft.  DW SS spoons green/blk ladder, monkey puke.  

Jon

post-150231-0-88061600-1370876258_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrookTrout