I-Bay - Laker fishing 6/15/13 (video added)

Fished today with my great fishing buddy Anthony and we decided to focus solely on lake trout, as Lady O seems to be making her June transition. Our goal was to try and find a bigger fish for the LOC, but we "settled" instead for  quantity of fish over quality. It was steady action the whole morning with a few doubles and essentially a fish every 15 minutes, except the times when we were dragging a trout without knowing and it would slow things down until we figured out what the issue was.

ALL action came on the riggers dragging bottom between 95-110 fow.  We needed only two lures - Watermellon NK cowbells with a chatreuse spin n-glow and a set of 4/0 Hammerhead chartreuse bells pulling a glow peanut with red beads.

We tried two wire divers pulling paddles and flies, a thumper rod and 400' copper but they did not take any fish (wire diver had one rip only). We fished east of the Bay and treid to stay away from the armada early although it seemed like all the boats were doing the same thing as us. It looked like others were also having fun as I saw quite a few nets moving all morning.

We finished with 11  lake trout hitting the deck in 4 hours and we had around 4 or 5 more knockoffs.

Best speed on the Subtroll was 1.7-1.8. East troll seemed the best, but once I adjusted my speed going west using my trolling bags, then the west troll became consistent on the troll back to port.

The most important thing was I had a blast with Anthony on a perfect morning

We have a wonderful fishery on this water, and it's so nice to know that you can target different species and different times.

Good luck to all and be safe on the water and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there,

Chris

Ahoy Captain Chris,

This is a cool video with some doubles. Now with your video as a proof, my family have finally believed me about my "stories" being on the water and catching some fins.

As always thank you for the great time on your boat.

Safe fishing to all.

Anthony