Chamberlain releases

So I have a few questions about these. I've been hearing they work very well.

1. Right now I put my line into a clip. Sometimes it comes off the ball when I'm reeling up slack or putting the ball down. Do the releases help prevent this?

2. Which release is better to use, the regular one or the stacker release? 

3. Is putting your line on the release easier than putting it into a clip?

Thanks in advance.

I just got downriggers this year and was going to go with the Blacks until I saw the chamberlains. I like the fact that I can really load up the rod but still adjust the release very light for walleyes or tighter for salmon. I have the regular one that I run off a 12 lb torpedo for salmon or 8 lb ball for walleyes. In my opinion they are totally worth the extra money. If you do a search on here you will see a lot of people run the Blacks and the Chamberlains are as good as the Blacks with more adjustment and versatility.

Poles response x2

In addition to answer your question, the regular release is used between your cable and ball. The stacker release is used above the regular release if you want to add a second rod to your downrigger. On down riggers with temperature probes where the probe is removable from the cable, like the Fish Hawk X4/X4D, the regular release goes between the cable and probe. On Cannon riggers that use the black plastic surface break for the autostop, place the release between the break and the probe/ball. With fixed coated cable temp probes like the Moore Subtroll, I would recommend a pinchpad type release on the ball. Moore's using the new Torpedo downrigger wire and antenna would use the stacker for botj the main release and a second stacker rod.