Need SWR info

We've probably been through this before but:

1) How much lead core do you typically run on a SWR off a rigger?

2) In addition to the leader to the lure, do you attach a short "leader" on the rod end so that you can put a swivel there? I'm thinking that would allow removal of the lead core to run a clean lure or a different length of lead.

I haven't used this set up before so I could use some help.

Thanks, Dick

Dick,

we use 2 colors of core. With the 60 feet of core, 30 or so feet of fluorocarbon leader and 10 feet of backing before putting it in the release, that puts you approx 100' back and 10' behind the ball.

In my case, now that I dropped down to only having my 2 scotty riggers on the boat, I had a bunch of extra rigger rods in the cabin, so I dedicated one of those to the SWR with 2 colors of core.

Tim

I have 4 rods loaded with ten colors of leadcore. 100 foot flourocarbon leaders (20# test]. A Church inline sideplaner is set where I want the lures running with a 5 foot drop for each color. This will get your lures down to 50 feet and more if you are using a diving plug and spoon 3 way rig. All the rigs are away from the boat's track. No downriggers are needed except to hold the rods. If I need to get deeper, then I use dipseys on 30# Stren braid. Shallow water I may use only half a color to get the plugs deeper and the Church boards are easy to get off using the leadcore on the pincer grip. Turns will raise and lower your lures. The inboard lines are set deeper to allow a fish on the outer rods to pass over the inner lines.

i think tbrmd ment 10 ft below the ball,2 to 3 color is what ive heard of mostrun everything straight and clean (natural) thelead drops you a little lower than the ball and kinda sways around back there giving the lure more natural evasive action as you know this is usually run down the middle as a bigboy rig but if your up for some experminting put one on each rigger (dont do this with your dypsys out)and do some gentle zig zags,speed changes and NO sharp turns whatsoever, also when your tying so many knots in line double check each one real good for strength and slippage