7/23/13 Seneca.....

Just before the rain subsided Peyt and I hopped in the boat for a nice over cast morning of fun! Mag dipsy with flasher fly at 250 and a number 1 out 285 ft also flasher fly. Put a clean spoon on the probe rigger then went to throw something on the other rigger looked up and both dipsy rods were hammering! 2 lakers in the boat. 20 minutes later a nice salmon hit the 35 ft rigger...in the boat....pass our other laker hole and the mag dipsy starts shakin....while pulling that one in the other dipsy fires! Get one in and drop the other behind the boat...my fault...had so much going on he spit the hook on me. Continue with this craziness and the 40 ft rigger pops....aerial show begins then nice bow in the boat...quick pic and get her back in the drink! Little bit later the 35 pops. Told peyt be ready for a nice bow or salmon...net the fish and its a real nice........................LAKER?!?!?! What the.....yes 35 over 250......must have had his sunscreen on!!!.......continue With the same Spread and land 2 more lakers.  For the last hour we put all our eggs in one basket hoping for a slam but just couldn't get those browns to hit.  Anywho we had a awesome morning!!!

post-150731-13746186263566_thumb.jpgpost-150731-13746186516304_thumb.jpgpost-150731-13746186790276_thumb.jpg

Edited by apb

Thanks Ed,  we could have kept plugging away at it but we needed to go in and spend some time with the rest of the family!!!  Pretty sure we were on the browns but by that time I think the bite went cold. 

Hey laker taker if it wasn't for Seth Greene and mostly pulling copper I would have lost his interest a while ago. I kept the old fashioned methods going while I practiced the modern ways by myself. Now I only take him out when I think the bite is hot. I will work him into the slower times when the time is right. Never force or make kids fish. They will turn against it. We used to shoot 3d archery competition...I had to make him finish the course to be in trophy contention....now he wants nothing to do with it.....lesson learned.....oh by the way everything I have learned about modern trolling I have learned from these L.O.U. guys!!! Stay tuned!!!

Ha , nice report,, we did every thing but lakers on the south end. Lots of nice salmon and browns, and a few bows up the middle of the lake. Lost a few that were set deep, kept looking for a big laker, just couldn't land one.... We did not start till 9:00 , but had steady action till 4:00.. Lots of debris and chocolate milk water out of the canal, but clear water outside the breakwall