Smokercraft boats - opinions

Kuba

so an another oportunity came and I have a shot at purchasing a smokercraft boat with a cracked 4.3 that was sitting in storage for the past 10 years. Any opinions on these boats? I have heard of Sylvan boats but not smokercraft.

almost the identical boat to a Sylvan, only has a different name on it and some Sylvan's were not offered under the Smokercraft label, but produced at the same plant.  More recently, Smokercraft, Sylvan and Starcraft are owned by the same company.  

This one has "Sylvan - Smokercraft" on the side.

Brunswick company owns 80% of fishing boat market, check website.

Any smokercraft owners here?

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The history of Sylvan and Smokercraft is intertwined with StarCraft as those boats were built along with a number of other manufacturers by Mennonites in Northern Indiana. I owned a 22 Sylvan for 8 years, I would state that it is on par with StarCraft in terms of construction etc. They are a slight step down from a Lund or a Crestliner, but there are plenty of them around that give years of service.

I own a 21ft.Smokercraft with Honda outboard, Good solid boat and no complaints. It`s a 2004 and is dry inside like the day it was new. There are plenty of Smokercrafts on the lake, but I don`t remember seeing any with I/O motors. My boat just lacks some storage that you will see on other manufactures.