Troll 4 or 6 rods?

As with many things in life "moderation" can be a useful concept to keep in mind. Start out with what you feel comfortable with and gradually increase things as you get more and more comfortable. If you have a new or different boat and the set up is brand new too you'd be asking for a mess if you try everything all at once. what's the rush enjoy yourself without "trying to keep up with the Jones' at this point. It will all "happen" as you go along anyway. I 'd start with two downriggers by themselves then maybe try one dipsey to see how it runs and the separation from the downrigger etc. Then GRADUALLY add more setups. I know it sounds attractive on here to run 18 lines etc. at once but there is a lot more to running multiple equipment than you might think and it takes a lot of trial and error practice and time on the water with it to get it right and just reading things won't do it either....it's one of those things you have to actually experience to "get it right".

Thanks for the info...

Just trying to figure everything out...

Spent two years fishing two crank downriggers....

Then last two years i added a dispy pole of each side...

Then this year i had enough hand cranking downriggers ..bought electrics. I figure maybe run all ..but just wanted to check with others who are doing it... or have done it....

Be safe everyone....

Tight lines to all...

Ill be in Olcott ...end of the month..

Of i find the fish ...ill be sure to let ya know.

Look for the boat named " Show me your bobbers too"

Thanks for the info...

Just trying to figure everything out...

Spent two years fishing two crank downriggers....

Then last two years i added a dispy pole of each side...

Then this year i had enough hand cranking downriggers ..bought electrics. I figure maybe run all ..but just wanted to check with others who are doing it... or have done it....

Be safe everyone....

Tight lines to all...

Ill be in Olcott ...end of the month..

Of i find the fish ...ill be sure to let ya know.

Look for the boat named " Show me your bobbers too"

thats a great name!

Pretty much... just looking for the optimal lines in the water...

Adk

Thanks....

I try to keep a camera ready at all time.. just in case a female shows

me the bobbers

Lol

Edited by SALMONBOY35

:) :smile:  Your note sounded as though you had just got your boat and were totally new at it....Keep at it with the camera....alot more interesting than fish pics :lol:

I say run what to you can rough lake run a little less I think the question you are asking is if running 4 riggers might spook fish?

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I usually run 4 riggers and 2 dipsys with good success. The salmon and trout are actually attracted to your downrigger balls so no need to worry about spooking them. I always separate them depth wise bc of the ever changing conditions and temps on the lake. This will also help avoid tangles as well. Remember it is also hard to keep lines straight when it is rough out.

--keep a tight line--

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I struggle to run 4 riggers in currents with an 8 ft beam. If I do I stagger them dramatically so if they cross its not a huge deal. I run the inside riggers deep down as far as I can and the other 2 at least 15 to 20 ft above no matter the temp. Can't hurt to run extra lines even outta temp I figure