Wanted - Lowrance X-85 fish finder

haha. I have the same Eagle FF. I am upgrading next year for sure. want something with GPS and FF capabilities and at least a 7" screen if possible depending on $. Was ready to pull the trigger on the Lowrance Elite 7 but with all the bad press on this site I am holding off on that. I dont want the down imaging or side imaging BS. May have to go down to staying with the 5" screen on a Humminbird model. Cant afford a Furanu or Raymarine or anything like that

haha. I have the same Eagle FF. I am upgrading next year for sure. want something with GPS and FF capabilities and at least a 7" screen if possible depending on $. Was ready to pull the trigger on the Lowrance Elite 7 but with all the bad press on this site I am holding off on that. I dont want the down imaging or side imaging BS. May have to go down to staying with the 5" screen on a Humminbird model. Cant afford a Furanu or Raymarine or anything like that

Forget the lower and mid priced Lowrance units and save yourself a headache. Try and save your money for a Furuno or Raymarine. You won't be sorry you did. There are some good closeouts  on the Furuno FCV 620 model if you can live with a 6 inch screen. They released a new model and there are some older ones still being sold, but you might have to act fast. It does not have a GPS, but it is an excellent stand alone FF. I prefer to have a separate GPS unit and prefer stand alone dedicated fish finders. Also. make sure no matter what FF you end up buying get yourself a good Airmar transducer for the unit. The quality of the transducer is just as important as the FF.

Edited by MikeyP

If you have a depth probe and a good gps. with a very detailed map chip, then why is so important to have a top of the line fish finder. As long as it has 4000 watts of power and a 50/200 transducer, I know people like color these days, but you can buy a very powerful grey scale with 480/480 pixel screen  Humming bird in the $425.00 range and if you don't have a probe, which in my opinion is more important than a high end finder you'd have a nice amount to put towards a probe. Maybe I'm all wet with my theory?