My last weekend on Lake Ontario next weekend!

John Kelley

Really classy post man! Its good to see the comradery of fisherman when there are those that seem to be turning it more into big business. It was kind of hard for me to read because one of my buddies that I've hunted and fished with since I was about 5 years old is going to be moving out west next fall. Good Luck in your future back in South Dakota. I'm sure Lady O will be seeing you again now that you have "The Fever." -Paul

Really classy post man! Its good to see the comradery of fisherman when there are those that seem to be turning it more into big business. It was kind of hard for me to read because one of my buddies that I've hunted and fished with since I was about 5 years old is going to be moving out west next fall. Good Luck in your future back in South Dakota. I'm sure Lady O will be seeing you again now that you have "The Fever." -Paul

Thanks man, yeah you guys on lake O have a really special brotherhood going up here. I am really going to miss my new fishing family when I am gone!! :(  :(

Dear John,

We are going to miss you more than I can adequately express.  It was very thoughtful of you to mention Captain's Cove and Claude and me by name. How could we not "bend over backwards to accommodate your crazy ass with a room every weekend..."? (Some weekends you were our only motel customer.)  And, you never failed to buy something (usually a lot of somethings) in the tackle shop.  We may actually show a profit this year, thanks in large part to you and the guests you often brought with you or to the tackle recommendations you provided when talking with other shop customers.

We completely agree with Tim's statement that "I don't know anyone crazier than you when it comes to fishing."  There were many nights when we'd close up the tackle shop and go home and I would have trouble sleeping knowing you were still out on the Lake or navigating the shallow parts of the Oak (in the dark).  I think I even had a nightmare once that you cut yourself cleaning fish in our dimly lit fish cleaning station which we would leave open for you.

I hope our paths cross again and if you ever need anything, please just ask.

P.S.  Claude says if your "Kelley's Club" becomes a collector's item, he wants 50%.

I hope our paths cross again.  Please keep in touch.

~ Michele

Great thread John. Just because you're moving away doesn't mean we won't be interested in your fishing stories. Remember, we still have Walleye and Warm Water Fishery Forums you can post in. Please keep in touch and tell your friends in SD about our forum. We'd love to have you back. ;)

Have a safe journey back home.

Great thread John. Just because you're moving away doesn't mean we won't be interested in your fishing stories. Remember, we still have Walleye and Warm Water Fishery Forums you can post in. Please keep in touch and tell your friends in SD about our forum. We'd love to have you back. ;)

Have a safe journey back home.

Will do, Bob, going to get the word out about Lake Ontario, for sure!