Ball jig with worm harness spinner?

Tg8

Tg8, I can't see why that wouldn't work, like you said seen it the other way, it's definitely different and sometimes that's all it takes. If it works let me know, I like it and make all my harnesses, that would be deadly in may out by the buoys in the Black River Bay guaranteed  slow drifted along the bottom. A long time ago I got this idea to put a Michigan fingerling size spoon in front of one of my spinner harnesses and was astounded by the success it made in my catches. Now I see someone else came up with it and I think it's called a worm burner. Dad and I had them in the early 80's and used to troll the north shore of the Black Bay down to pillar point in 30ft water one trip down and back and we were at the fillet table.

I'll let you know how it goes. I changed it from green to gold beads with a hammered gold dakota blade, I was thinking the darker color of black lake, gold would be ok. I'm packed and ready, can't wait to get out their tmrw.

I like your idea and most of all you have increased the overall size and flash but still have a jig that can be fished nice n slow on the bottom....wont cost 10 bucks if you lose it either...lost 2 f18s last night...1 swiped by what must have been a beauty and 1 casted off like an idiot...still not happy with myself!

justin

It seems like a presentation that would work with low visibility water. I will have to try it on those times when lakers get finicky. In front of one of my 1oz jigs with a shadilicious. Nothing new about the presentation, just some flash.

My son got a walleye on one of our big nights recently on a shadilicious with a swimbait hook no weight, but it was worthless after 1 fish. Ive actually brought my extra heavy st Croix musky rod with a lews superduty baitcaster and an umbrella rig with 5 4 1/2" shadilicious on jigs complete with spinnerblades on every arm and every head to try next time its ON, but it hasn't been on when ive brought it. I thought it would be neat to get 2 at once. If this ever works ill definitely get pics in the net. Shoulda took a net pic when we tripled and netted em together...I get in harvest mode and cameras are forgotten and tracy normally takes pics but even she was too caught up catching to even think about pics.

justin

That will work. Those shadilicious are expensive, but they work. I have one tied on for shallow this weekend. I use them exclusively for lakers, I bet they will get crushed up here on black lake. We are almost to water town. We will be targeting eyes tonite.

The darn spinner wouldn't spin, I think the angle due to the jig wouldn't allow the blade to spin. I hit the bass heavy today half a dozen from 2-4lbs. Jig in shallow was the key warmest areas of the lake were the most active.

The darn spinner wouldn't spin, I think the angle due to the jig wouldn't allow the blade to spin. I hit the bass heavy today half a dozen from 2-4lbs. Jig in shallow was the key warmest areas of the lake were the most active.

AWW Man that's a shame, maybe take another approach add 1 more bead and a hatchet blade. Or put a crimp on stop and move the hole spinner idea up the line further? inch or two.

Thq that reminds me of the ear ball jig. I could have used it tonite. I hit woodville from 4-7. Every bait fish in the lake was in front of the drop off. Fish finder made it look like there was 20 ft carpet of bait, they were jumping. You could see them in the water there was so many. The weird thing about this type of bait fish was the way they swam when they were underneath the boat, it's like they turned up their bellies as they swam, they looked to be at least 4-6" long. I had one hit on my diamond jig.

• 1 month later...