Scrape lines.

burrows256

B-256---  After 50 yrs of deer hunting please take a little advise, if you've got a good scrape line, get down wind, between the feeding area and beding area, perferably, in a funnel area, and kill that buck!  The more time you spend in that area, the greater chance you have bumping that buck out of the area.  Bottom line advise--- HUNT HIM--KILL HIM-- or-- LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick black and fbg have good points. Get out there and hunt him and get it done before the rut which should kick in a little before Halloween. I personally do not like the comment made that "a camera can't hurt". They can definitely hurt. The main reason most guys cannot kill big bucks is they do not respect how intelligent these animals are. This is not the time for cameras. Wait till conditions are perfect for that stand and sit all day long. Just my two cents.

Hey Mean Machine....that came out a little off...no offense. You may have a wall full of P&Y deer...I don't. I am just saying cameras can do more harm than good especially during season.

Play the wind and use it to your advantage. Im seeing more and more scrapes opening up this week. Id set a cam up near one that you could get a clear shot at. Don't touch the scape or branch. Be extremely careful and as scent free as possible.. Always be careful going in to the spot, try to stay quiet because until you have a cam or a visual you don't know when the bucks are checking it. If you don't bump him he will check it often. And once there is a hot doe its time to sit all day if you need to. I totally disagree about negative comments on setting up a cam. They are invaluable and if placed right there is a very good chance you can kill that buck. Also, one advantage to having a cam is you may be hunting a spike or a slingshot buck, The deer you suspect is making the scrapes may very well not be making them. It is very common for the scrub bucks to start making scrapes early. Once things start heating up the bigger bucks will take those scrapes over. Get a cam and see what your hunting for. 

Hey Mean Machine....that came out a little off...no offense. You may have a wall full of P&Y deer...I don't. I am just saying cameras can do more harm than good especially during season.

No worries, everyone has an opinion - I like having the camera to get an idea of what is there and what time of the day.  It's worked well for me and as referenced above you need to be conscious of scent and don't check it everyday.  Check it once a week and during mid day and I think you'll be fine.  I truly believe it's helped my success more than hurt it.  Good luck and let us know how you do!